Latest Current Affairs 2016-2017, Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz to prepare for government exams available here.
Today Current Affairs 2017 Quiz: There are numbers of recruitment notifications issued every day by states and central government of India, every notification issued by them contain written examination to select candidates for a job. Apart from various topics in syllabus there is one common topic that is current affairs. Current Affairs is nothing but a latest news which are updates on daily newspaper. It may be of national, international or just a state news. There are many questions asked in examination relating to current affairs so it is utmost necessary that you should read it as a part of preparation. If you want to know all latest news then read this article till the end and keep visiting us for latest buzz.
Many of the candidates do not know from where would they find current affairs, but if you are a regular reader of new paper then you will find everything from there. This time we have come with latest article, this article is written to give our readers latest news of every day. So they do not have to read newspaper everyday just visit us and read it. It is very necessary to read current affair news regularly if you have applied to any government recruitment advertisement. Each and every examination conducted for recruitment purpose by a government, there will be some questioned asked from current affairs, so if you want to score good marks in it then you must read it. Below we have given important current affairs news of this month.
Latest Current Affairs 2016-2017
Current Affairs December 10th 2016
- Small shareholders of TATA companies have taken Ratan Tata to Bombay High Court to repay the damages they have suffered in recent Mistry’s removal as Chairman.
- In the month of October 2016, industrial output was down by 1.9%.
- On Friday, Rajasthan High Court has scrapped Rajasthan Special Backward Classes Reservation act 2015, which was provisioned for 5% reservation to five communities.
- Despite government assurance, new currency notes of RS. 500 are in short supply.
- China has launched new cruise ship in the South China Sea.
- In a recent survey, US presidential poll was most talked on Facebook in the year 2016.
- SBI has sold stake worth RS. 1794 Cr. of SBI Life Insurance Company.
- Digital payment was up by 300% due to demonetization of old currency notes.
Current Affairs December 9th, 2016
- World’s biggest Cricket stadium to be built in Motera, Ahmedabad by L&T’s construction company.
- Mumbai’s international airport and CST station names have been changed, now it is Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus.
- After note ban, foreign tourists have held their Indian trips till situation gets normal.
- Automobile sale was hit the highest due to demonetization of old currency notes.
- On Thursday, Government of India has waived off import duty on wheat due to doubts that production will not be up to expectations.
- World Bank has cancelled $ 100 million loan to Pakistan which was sanctioned for Natural gas efficiency project.
- PayTM founder has raised RS 325 Cr. by selling 1% stake of the company.
- On Thursday Indian share markets have done a comeback, Sensex raise by 457 points and Nifty crosses 8200 mark.
Current Affairs December 8th, 2016
- Recently Election Commission has stated that there are 1900 political parties in the country from 400 have never fought election.
- Enforcement Directorate has given notice to Air Asia CFO for violating foreign exchange.
- On winning the United States Presidential election Donald Trump was named Times Person of the year for 2016.
- On Wednesday Indonesia was hit by 6.5 magnitude earth quack which kills 97 people as of now.
- 48 people were killed in Pakistan Airline Plane Crash on Wednesday.
- From next fiscal year loans will be cheaper as RBI has eases CRR norms.
- KKR & Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board have bided together nearly $ 5 billion to get controlling stake in Bharti Infratel.
- Rupee is now at 3 weeks high was up by 27p on Wednesday closes at RS. 67.63/$.
Current Affairs December 7th, 2016
- Justice Jagdish Sigh Khehar will become first Sikh Chief Justice of India, he will swear in on January 4th, 2017.
- Yes Bank has made a tie up with Ola to provide mobile ATM’s in 10 major cities.
- Terror related cases in Jammu & Kashmir is at 4 years high, says report.
- Maharashtra government is all set to launch its own e-wallet to push PM Modi’s cashless initiative.
- Angela Markel a German Chancellor said that she want to ban full face burqa.
- Paris has banned nearly half of city’s cars to curb air pollution.
- RBI has eases norms for transactions less than RS. 2000, soon there will be no OTP for it.
- According to Times Jobs survey, hiring activity rises by 10% in November and travel & hospitality business are in led.
Current Affairs December 6th, 2016
- Tamilnadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa passes away yesterday due to cardiac arrest, she was in hospital past 75 days.
- People of Tamilnadu state were in tears due to death of their beloved leader.
- Foreign Minister of India, Mrs Sushma Swaraj will undergo kidney transplant surgery next week.
- Due to note ban, PMI is at 3 years low, it was dropped to 46.7 in the month of November from 54.5.
- Supreme Court has said that government cannot tax income from renting a palace.
- US Defence Secretary said on Monday that India-US defence ties are closest ever after.
- Indian Shrinidhi Shetty becomes Miss Supranational 2016 and a boy from Jaipur Jitesh Thakur become 2nd runner-up in Mr Supranational 2016 in Poland.
- The government tells in a Rajya Sabha that nearly 37% of country’s land is degraded.
Current Affairs November 28th, 2016
- Indian Railway has included transgender options in their reservation & cancellation forms.
- Election Commission wants transparency in financial activities of political parties.
- Indian government has increased efforts to trace Indian’s Swiss accounts information’s.
- Doctors in Bengaluru said that near about 30% to 60& patients of lung cancer in city are non-smokers.
- Virtual autopsies done in AIIMS Delhi, it is for the first time in Asia continent.
- India was ranked 9th in a race of supercomputers, it’s about fastest growing of use of computers in scientific research.
- Cuba’s loved president Fidel Castro was died on Saturday.
- In just 2 days Airtel’s payment banks has opened 10000 new accounts.
Current Affairs November 26th, 2016
- Tata Steel too sacks Cyrus Mistry from Chairman’s posts and O P Bhat will take the charge as chairman from Friday.
- On Friday PM Modi announced that waters of the Sutlej, the Beas, and the Ravi rivers is belongs to India and he further added that even Pakistan is not using it and it goes in the sea.
- Government will distribute contraceptive injections, in a first phase it will be given to medical colleges & district hospitals.
- Supreme Court has imposed ban on firing crackers in National Capital Region to curb pollution.
- China has deployed Navy ships at Gwadar port in Pakistan, officials said.
- Adani Group is planning to build two solar plants in Australia at a value of $ 300 million.
- Rupee fall again on Friday, exporters sees short term profit.
- Sensex gained 456 points on Friday, it was registered 1.8%.
Current Affairs November 24th, 2016
- India’s telecom major Airtel is going to start first Payment bank in the country.
- Reliance Capital has planned to sell off its TV broadcasting rights and 49% of its radio business to ZEE group for RS. 1900 CR.
- Brazilian footballer Neymar will face a two year of jail term and a fine of $ 10.6 million in a fraud of transferring his fund to Barcelona.
- Nikki Haley a daughter of Indian origin will become United States envoy in the United Nations.
- Nearly 91% of the people say on PM application that this move of note ban is worthy.
- Facebook builds censorship tools to re-enter in China.
- SEBI eases rules for angel investment in startups.
- Foreign oil companies have shown interest in hiring Indian oil storages.
Current Affairs November 23rd, 2016
- Padma Vibhushan and a legendary singer Mr. Balamurlikrishna were dead on Tuesday at the age of 86 years.
- M G K Menon who was an ISRO chief was died on Tuesday at the age of 88.
- Traces of heavy metals was found in PET bottle samples says recent study.
- To boost black money fight, India & Switzerland have signed an information sharing pact.
- London based Virgin group will fund the campaign to stop BREXIT.
- Due to deficiency of cash Auto sells in November is down by 50%.
- L&T quarter 2 net profits is up by 84% of RS. 1435 CR. compare to last year.
- On Tuesday Sensex was up by 196 points due to fresh buyings.
Current Affairs November 22nd, 2016
- Nusli Wadia an independent director of Tata Group of companies gives a defamation notice to Tata Sons asking to withdraw false defamatory & libelous allegations against him.
- Chairman of Cadila Pharma Mr. Pankaj Patel was elected as FICCI president for the year 2017.
- India wins a test match against England by 246 runs, India lead the series by 1-0.
- There are 13 IIM’s out of 20 IIMs are without directors, government has told in Lok Sabha.
- Pope Francis grants power to forgive abortions to all priest.
- Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy was defeated in first round itself.
- Paytm’s Gross Market Value will reach to $ 5 billion due to demonetizing of old currency notes.
- Foreign Direct Investment jumps to 60% after Make in India initiative by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Current Affairs November 21st, 2016
- Indian Badminton Champion P.V.Sindhu wins Chinese open on Sunday, it’s her first biggest title, and we wish her many more to win.
- In Past three years top banks of India have lost RS. 485 CR. in fraud and thefts.
- Train got derailed in Kanpur on Sunday, many people were died and many were injured.
- Report says that train was filled with too many passengers, this is the reason it got derailed.
- Donald Trump lost a Trump trademark battle in China after 8 years of fight.
- CEO of Jaguar Land Rover said that Mistry’s exit will not affect the company.
- Due to Government’s decision of demonetization, foreign investors have pulled out nearly $ 3 billion from Indian capital markets.
- Cash Deposit Machines will not work for 6 weeks in the country.
Current Affairs November 19th, 2016
- Ford motors will import made in India SUV’s to United States from 2018.
- Supreme Court has warned Central government to act fast on distributing new currencies or there will be riot like situations.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha is fine now, doctor advised that now she can leave for home.
- After raiding jewelers, Income Tax department will now take a country wide survey on builders.
- After electing as the United States President Donald Trump meets Japanese Prime Minister Shizo Abe for the first time.
- Due to demonetizations of old currency notes, State Bank of India head says that deposits have crossed more than 4 Lakhs cr.
- Rupee falls to 9 months low, on Friday it closes at RS. 68.14 Against 1 US dollar.
- Volkswagen will cut near about 30000 jobs globally to save $ 3.9 billion.
Current Affairs November 18th, 2016
- From today onwards Government has allowed to get cash from selected petrol pumps by swiping your debit or credit card.
- ISRO had spent less than RS. 450 CR. on Mars Orbiter Mission as said by officials.
- In a recent trip to India, Microsoft founder Mr. Bill Gates has praised Indian Prime Minister for his tough decisions.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi becomes 4th most power person in the world after his old currency ban decision.
- After opposition parties protesting against note ban, Finance Minister has clearly said that there will be no rollback of decision.
- Russia has asked Internet Service Providers to block LinkedIn site after it was found guilty of violating data laws.
- American SUV brand Jeep is planning to launch mini SUV under RS. 10 lakhs, it may sign a deal with TATA motors for engines and transmissions.
- Banks has cuts FD’s rate by 100 basis points, due to over inflow of liquid cash.
Current Affairs November 17th, 2016
- A recent government reports says that there are nearly 2 cr. illegal Bangladeshis receding in the country.
- Gujarat is number 1 among all states in construction of affordable housing.
- Banks has demanded that Jan Dhan accounts should be converted to normal saving accounts.
- Founder of Microsoft Mr. Bill Gates has also praised Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi for his bold move to ban old currency notes.
- A key IS operative was caught by Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad from Fatehpur in Sikar.
- People in New York build a wall of sticky notes against Donald Trump.
- Chinese company has secretly collected data of Unites States phone users.
- Banks in India has cut deposit and loan rates due to liquidity surges.
Current Affairs November 15th, 2016
- World Meteorological Organization has said on Monday that 2016 will be hottest year on record.
- In small villages, people started barter system to buy and sell things.
- Panel said that ban should be lift on online sale of medicines.
- Indian students in United States are up by 25%, reaches a mark of 1.7 lakhs.
- Government has allowed petrol pumps to accept old currency notes of RS 500 & RS 1000 till 24th November 2016.
- National Highway tolls are free till 18th November 2016 announced by the Central Government of India.
- Newly elected United States President Donald Trump said that he will take only $1 as a salary and will not take any vacation.
- In Australia now students can now choose Hindi Language in schools.