Latest Current Affairs 2016-2017, Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz to prepare for government exams available here.
Today Current Affairs 2016 Quiz: There are number of recruitment notifications issued every day by states and central government of India, every notification issued by them contain written examination to select candidates for a job. Apart from various topics in syllabus there is one common topic that is current affairs. Current Affairs is nothing but a latest news which are updates on daily newspaper. It may be of national, international or just a state news. There are many questions asked in examination relating to current affairs so it is utmost necessary that you should read it as a part of preparation. If you want to know all latest news then read this article till end and keep visiting us for latest buzz.
Many of the candidates do not know from where would they find current affairs, but if you are a regular reader of new paper then you will find everything from there. This time we have come with latest article, this article is written to give our readers latest news of every day. So they do not have to read newspaper everyday just visit us and read it. It is very necessary to read current affair news regularly if you have applied to any government recruitment advertisement. Each and every examination conducted for recruitment purpose by a government, there will be some questioned asked from current affairs, so if you want to score good marks in it then you must read it. Below we have given important current affairs news of this month.
Latest Current Affairs 2016-2017
Current Affairs October 20th 2016
- Saudi Arabia has executed a prince on Tuesday, because he was guilty of killing a man in a brawl.
- On a recent trip of Russian President to Goa, he has agreed to lease one more N-Submarine to India for $ 2 billion.
- India and Myanmar have signed three pacts for security and economic ties.
- 175 Kilometers of railway line in Gujarat is now a green corridor.
- British PM Theresa May has said that Britain may miss the deadline of Brexit.
- More than 1000 stray dogs have been given poison in Karachi, Pakistan after municipal got complained of they are biting women & children.
- Canadian Solar, a biggest solar power company in the world has bought 49% each in two units of Suzlon.
- Today Government is going to sell 15% stake in NBCC, will acquire RS. 2200 CR.
Current Affairs October 19th, 2016
- Travel Portal Makemytrip is planning to acquire its rival ibibo in all stock deals.
- Military has carried out search operation in Jammu & Kashmir and stabbed 44 suspected people for anti-nation activity.
- It is assume that groundnut production will be double in Gujarat this year.
- Government of India has told Automakers to declare emission details by 2017.
- IATA has assumed that India will be third largest aviation market in coming 10 years.
- Iraqi forces are near to take back Mosul city from ISIS terrorist group.
- People of Thailand were having a tattoo in memory of beloved monarch king Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi is planning to boost solar industry by $ 3 billion.
Current Affairs October 18th, 2016
- Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai will allow women to enter in to dargah, they have informed the Supreme Court.
- On Wednesday, cabinet will decrease government shares from near about 20 PSU’s including several profit making units.
- Due to fire in Bhubaneswar hospital, nearly 20 killed and 50 injured.
- Indian Air force has identified 21 highways in the country that should be widened to use as emergency landing of planes for rescue operations.
- Donald Trump has lured Indians & Hindus in his election polls for a vote.
- Rosneft deal of buying Essar oil will open new oil routes for India, says expert.
- BMW is planning to make India a global hub for its smaller bikes.
- Pepsi co has announced that they are going to reduce sugar level in its beverages.
Current Affairs October 17th, 2016
- In a recent survey in the Uttar Pradesh, we got to know that 1 prisoner is dying every 26 hours.
- A Vice-President of Adani Power Limited Mr. Deepakrashmi Tripathi has done a suicide in Jaipur.
- Experts of the country advise government to create National Counter-Terrorism Centre to fight against terror.
- Newly elected British Prime Minister, Theresa May will visit India in November as her first bilateral trip outside Europe.
- Kuwait’s rural has dissolved parliament on Sunday, country will see early elections due to that.
- United Nations has commissioned its most advanced and expensive stealth destroyer with all advanced technology.
- Infosys has splits its four big companies in to 15 smaller units, to give more focus to its valuable clients.
- Handicraft exports will grow by 10% in financial year 2016-17, says report.
Current Affairs October 15th, 2016
- Few states of India have decided to ban films with Pakistan Actors; we hope all states do the same in respect of Indian Army.
- India will raise terror issues in BRICS summit in Goa, summit will held for two days 15th & 16th
- Reliance Communication will sale 51% stack in Tower Company to a Canada’s Brookfield for RS. 11000 CR.
- Arunachal Pradesh becomes number 14th state in India with BJP government.
- An Indian was appointed to manage $ 100 billion fund of Japan’s Soft Bank and Saudi.
- Air India has shown RS. 105 Cr. of operating profit for the first time in last 10 years.
- Life Insurance Company has reduced its stake in Raymond Ltd. by 2.01%, they have sold 12.34 lakhs shares in open market.
- WPI inflation was registered at 3 months low in the month of September 2016.
Current Affairs October 14th, 2016
- Maldives has quite Common Wealth group on Thursday, as they are calling unfair bloc’s decision.
- India is hosting 2016 BRICS summit in Goa, on October 15th & 16th.
- Thailand’s Monarch Bhumibol was died at the age of 88 years; he was World’s largest reigning monarch.
- In the month of September 2016, retail inflation was at 13 month low, it was registered 4.3%.
- India has opposed Pakistan’s climate project in Gilgit Baltistan.
- 18 Agreements to be signed with Russia during Modi and Putin meet in Goa.
- India is looking forward to sign a missile defence agreement for RS. 39000 CR. with Russia.
- TRAI has asked for an explanation from Reliance JIO on a free calls.
Current Affairs October 13th, 2016
- Indian Oil Corporation is planning to lay longest gas pipeline of the nation from Gujarat to Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- India was ranked fourth in World, ahead of Germany in Auto Manufacturing.
- In last two days there was a Dusherra and Moharam, people of India has shown great sense of religious unity in celebrating festivals.
- From a recent survey we got to know that Republican is in a lead in ongoing US presidential elections.
- A Cab booking app, Ola is in talks with soft banks and other investors to raise fresh funds.
- Rosneft a Russian Energy is planning to acquire 49% stake in India’s second largest private oil refinery Essar Oil.
- From April to August, Gems and jewelry export was increased by 11% compared to last year.
- Samsung has cuts its profit of $ 2.3 billion by killing faulty Note 7 production.
Current Affairs October 12th, 2016
- Asia’s biggest dairy plant at a single location to be constructed in Gandhinagar by GCMMF.
- India wins a test match series against New Zealand by 3-0.
- Pakistan is a greatest threat for a World Peach says India.
- Parmeshwar Godrej a businesswomen and Philanthropist died on Monday, she was 70 years old.
- Waren Buffett a businessman from the United States said Donald Trump is a bluff.
- Due to fear of Hacking, Apple watch is banned in cabinet meetings in Europe.
- Government of India was aiming to recover RS. 20500 CR. by this fiscal year from selling PSU’s strategic sales but facing some problems.
- In the month of July 2016, India’s holding of the United States government bonds crosses value of $ 123 billion, it is at all-time high.
Current Affairs October 11th, 2016
- Finland’s Bengt Holmstrom and British Oliver Hart have won Economy Nobel Prize for research in contract theory.
- Railway Minister will introduce class roof coaches in selected trains from this December.
- China has a firm decision to support Pakistan over protecting terrorist head.
- Donald Trump’s tough talks give Hilary Clinton very tough competition in presidential election.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin says that Russia is ready to join OPEC efforts to limit supply of oil.
- Piramal’s UK critical care is all set to buy 5 brands of Janssen Pharmaceuticals for $ 175 million.
- P-Notes investment is at 5 months high in the month of August.
- Government of India will partly finance GAIL’s RS. 13000 CR. project.
Current Affairs October 10th, 2016
- India had told to Pakistan that, they will breach LOC to kill terrorist.
- Government of India is planning to give unique ID to all judges to watch their performance.
- For the first time, Aligarh Muslim University has elected a female for a student’s body.
- Animal Squad of the ITBP will get a medal for combat operations.
- Venezuela has given Hugo Chavez prize to Russian President Vladimir Putin for peace and sovereignty.
- Indian Businessman Balwinder Sahani has paid $ 9 million for single digit car registration plate in Dubai.
- Users of Reliance Jio service in India have touched the mark of 16 million in just 26 days.
- FPI has invested more than RS. 1400 CR. in Indian share market in the month of October 2016.
Current Affairs October 8th, 2016
- Central government has told Supreme Court to abolish triple talak and polygamy.
- Great Britain Pound was 6% down on Friday, was closed at 31-years low.
- A hurricane in Haiti has killed near about 842 people and left more than 1000 people homeless.
- On Friday hurricane named Mathew have hit the Florida at a wind speed of 120 miles per hour.
- An 11 year old dog was honored in America for saving family from fire.
- Government of India is thinking on decision to ease rules in retail FDI.
- A Japanese telecom company DoCoMo has sued Tata in the US court for $ 1.2 billion.
- Indian foreign reserve is at record high, it was amounted at $ 372 billion.
Current Affairs October 7th, 2016
- Finance Minister is planning to declare annual budget on February 1st.
- Ahmedabad city is going to host a kabbadi world cup 2016.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parikar has clearly stated that we are not going to declare any more proof about surgical strike; it’s all in the media.
- Paris Climate will come in to force from November 4th
- On Wednesday, United States has accused Israel of betraying trust.
- Orient Cement has bought two plants of JP cement for RS. 2000 CR.
- Most firms of Gujarat are buying new companies, recently deal worth RS. 17000 Cr. were signed.
- Finance Minister of India has announced that India is ready to take major shares in World Bank.
Current Affairs October 6th, 2016
- It is final that government of India will not release proof of surgical strikes.
- Intas Pharma will buy generic business of the UK-based Actavis for RS. 5100 CR. in all cash deal.
- On Wednesday, International Court has dismissed a nuclear case against India, which was brought by Marshal Island.
- On Wednesday, three scientists from Europe have won Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- Sri Lankan Prime Minister has said during his India visit that Export of terrorism will ruin functions of SAARC.
- Antonio Guterres, a former Portuguese Prime Minister will become new United Nations chief.
- World Bank has made a survey and it is said that Automation will affect 69% of jobs in India.
- On Wednesday, gold was down by RS. 730 and closes below RS. 31000.
Current Affairs October 5th, 2016
- Urjit Ptel announces first rate cut in six months; it was first time after 2010.
- Central government of India has received RS. 61000 CR. In just three days of spectrum auction.
- Ishan Pandita a boy from Bengaluru becomes first Indian to sign a contract with Spanish football club La Liga.
- Government has made compulsory of Aadhaar card to get gas subsidies, they have given time till November 30 to enroll for it.
- Three UK- born scientists have won Nobel prize in physics on Tuesday for unusual states of matter.
- Government is planning to add more sick PSU’s to closer list.
- International Monetary Fund and World Bank have predicated 7.6% of growth rate for India for the year 2016.
- Mutual Fund assets is at record high in September quarter, is valued at RS. 16.11 lakhs CR.
Current Affairs October 4th, 2016
- Central government has told Supreme Court on Monday that they have brought more than RS. 8000 CR. Of black money from off shore banks.
- Vikram Agnihotri, a man without arms gets a driving license in India; he is driving with his legs.
- Anil Ambani a chairman of ADAG group has formed a JV with the makers of Rafale manufacturers.
- Government will ease rules and regulations to hire foreign faculties in IIT’s and IIM’s.
- Russia too supported India in recent conflicts between two countries India and Pakistan.
- Russia has suspended plutonium treaty with United States on Monday.
- On Monday Sensex was up by 377 points due to RBI policy meet today, there is an expectation of rate reduction.
- E-trailers were expecting to gain near about RS. 12000 CR. In this festive season, it is 50 to 60% more than last year.
Current Affairs 3rd October 2016
- Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be coming to India on Republic day as a chief guest.
- India became 62nd Nation to join Paris Climate change agreement by sending its ratification to the United Nations in New York.
- British Prime Minister announced that Brexit talks will resume in March 2017 and will complete all formalities by the year 2019.
- Saudi Arabia will increase visa fees for Mecca Pilgrimage.
- FPI infuses more than RS. 20000 CR. In the month of September 2016.
- Mutual fund has invested RS. 13500 in equities from January to September.
- Top 9 companies of mid cap have increased more than 57000 CR.
- A Tata motor is planning to hike passenger vehicle prices from this year.